Tuesday, August 31, 2010

WHY BLOG??

I have never thought of myself as a writer, let alone an Arts journalist but, somehow I manage to get myself into these writing shoes I wear today.


I’ve been to quite a number of theatre productions including festivals. I have also been involved with a few commercial publications and right at that time, came my need to blog and write what I feel with no limits.

I use my blog as a creative area where I can write anything about everything that I think you guys should know about but, above everything, I blog to speak a language that most people understand. I don’t like writing in big words that people don’t understand especially when writing about an arts piece, where people have to be driven to watch.

I feel that newspapers, except Daily Sun, are too busy trying to please academics and high class people forgetting the lower market, people like me and you. Another reason was for me to endeavor reaching the “black market”, youth and people with no interest for the arts and theatre because, I believe in the power of the arts and the change it can create on any human life.

Therefore, I hope you walk with me in this journey as I attempt to make a difference and actually try putting in place South African Arts and changing people’s perceptions without knowledge.

Do inform me on anything you would like to know and you’re also welcome to challenge me in anyway…

4 comments:

  1. holla boss. I truly support what u sayng nd i hope u will also write about the lack of funding whn it cumz to our township arts productions. Be it drama, dance or poetry. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true man. I am currently doing reserch on the Dance Umbrella funding coz that was mostly targeted for unrecognised talent...and now its gone.

    Drop me an e-mail and let me know of your productions and stuff...Would love to check them out-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the bloggersphere... I am loving your writing already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol...Thank you. Are you also a blogfreak @ D?

    ReplyDelete